Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Charlene (4 of 4)


I guess I have to thank the guys who broke into our backyard in Toronto and stole our bikes. Because of this, my nephew Steven was inspired to buy me a second-hand bike he saw for sale in Hamilton, Ontario – a red ten-year-old Specialized.

When you’re out there in the middle of nowhere you start to talk to familiar faces and I had the pleasure of talking to the Specialized.

I don’t know how they managed to build her, but I never really thought a bike like this could exist: the gears change effortlessly, the hydraulic brakes will stop on a dime. It is light and sturdy, taking more punishment than I thought possible.

After a while it simply became an extension of my body; something I didn’t have to think about.







No comments:

Post a Comment